;;

Review and Interview with Tiffany Allee on her Debut Novel Banshee Charmer

Friday, February 10, 2012
banshee
Goodreads Blurb
When she’s sent to a crime scene and finds her second dead woman in as many weeks, half-banshee detective Kiera “Mac” McLoughlin is convinced a serial killer is on the loose. Incubi are extinct, her boss insists. But what else can kill a woman in the throes of pleasure? When her partner is murdered after using witchcraft to locate the killer and Mac is thrown off the case, her frustration turns to desperation.
Certain the killer is an incubus, Mac works behind her department’s back to chase down slim, sometimes perilous leads. While the killer eludes her, she does discover handsome Aidan Byrne, an investigative counterpart from the enigmatic Otherworlder Enforcement Agency. Mac typically runs her investigations fast and hard, but with Aidan at her side, she’s running this one “hot” as well. But Aidan knows more than he’s letting on—something that could shatter their blazing romance and add Mac to the killer’s growing body count…

Review 5/5
5 Fluer De Leis
In this debut novel by Tiffany Allee we get to meet Kiera “Mac” McLoughlin a tough ass heroine out to keep the streets clean. Mac is a cop who investigates cases involving the supernatural. Along for this ride she gets help from the hot and yummy Aidan.  Mac needs to hunt down and solve the case where dead women keep showing up. This book is almost a none stop action with some hot and steamy scenes to add to the mix. I really enjoyed reading this book. I love it when authors add supernatural elements to everyday life scenarios like the life of cops. I will say one thing Tiffany will leave you wanting more. Mac does solve the case of the dead women showing up everywhere but she still leaves things unfinished with Mac and Aidan. So it is a good thing that this is a first in a series. Mac learns that not all supes are as extinct as she believes them to be. I look forward to reading more from Tiffany in the future (hopefully near future).
Interview
First I would like to thank you for doing this interview I always enjoy having awesome authors to talk to us.
I always start off an interview with this question
Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

First of all, thank you so much for having me here. My background is pretty typical—big family with lots of siblings. I have spent most of my adult life working in Corporate America and I guess you could say that I am a CPA who prefers words to numbers. I grew up in a smallish town in Colorado, but have since lived in cities like Denver and Chicago. Chicago always struck me as a great city for drama and danger, which is why I decided to set Banshee Charmer there.

1. Where did the idea of Banshee Charmer come from?

Banshee Charmer came from an amalgam of sources. I love urban fantasy and paranormal romance books, so I'm sure much of my inspiration came from those. But I also love cop dramas on television. Law & Order, CSI, Bones. There's no doubt that all of these swirled together as I was dreaming up Banshee Charmer.

2. Can you tell us about your upcoming book and/or books?

I'd love to, thanks. The sequel for Banshee Charmer will be hitting the virtual bookshelves in April, with the last two in the series coming out in July and October. The next book will follow Mac's coworker and friend, the succubus Marisol, as she works to solve a crime that hits very close to home.

I also have a short romance titled Once Prey,Twice Forsaken coming out soon as well, but I don't have a release date on it yet. It follows the journey of a newly-made vampire as she struggles to survive in a post-apocalyptic type world while she is hunted by the man who used to love her.

3. Do you work with an outline or just write?

I work with an outline, and I actually outline down to the scene-level. But the outline tends to change a bit as I go along, and I try not to be too rigid with it. I find that the small changes I hadn't thought of while plotting tend to make some of the strongest parts of the story.

4. How did you choose the genre you write in?

Paranormal romance and urban fantasy are genres that I love—love—to read. When I started writing, I did what I suspect most writers do: write in the genre they read the most. I was familiar with the genre conventions, and I felt like I could do the stories justice. That's not to say that there aren't other genres that I adore. I love just about any type of romance, and most types of speculative fiction. I may dabble beyond paranormal romance sometime—maybe soon!

5. Is there any particular author and /or book that has influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?

Oh I believe that I was influenced heavily by all of the books I read growing up, as well as some I read as an adult. I was a huge bookworm from the moment I could read.

Romance novels in general influenced me to believe that love always conquers all. And the fantasy books I read led me to think that good always conquers evil. You know what? I still believe that love and good prevail. Maybe not always, but most of the time.

6. From beginning to end how long did it take to get Banshee Charmer published?

I wrote the original draft of Banshee Charmer in January and February of 2011. It was almost half the length it is now, and it didn't include many of the side characters that now run through the pages. So from when the original draft was (mostly) done to publication was one year. Not bad, and probably not typical. I lucked out in finding a great new publisher with some slots to fill. Also, it's a novella, so not having to deal with print helped it get to the virtual shelves more quickly.

7. Do you believe that writing changes lives?

Yes, writing and reading both can change lives. Hopefully, it's generally for the better.

8. What has been the best advice anyone has ever given you?

I have received so much good writing advice along the way, but the best piece of advice that I have received is that you'll never get far as a writer unless you put in the work. Treat it like what it is: a job. A creative job yes, but still a job that requires you put in a lot of work and time to get anywhere.

Just for fun

White, Milk, or Dark Chocolate?
Milk—I'm old school like that.

Beach or Mountains?
Mountains

Tea or Coffee?
Both, please.

Night Owl or Early Bird?
Early Bird.

Bed or Kitchen Table? (LOL) :)
Same answer as the coffee and tea question. ;-)

Pet Peeves?
Hrm tough one. Lately my biggest pet peeve is my cat's need to be between my laptop and me at all times. Oh you meant…never mind. haha

now to end
Do you have anything to say to your readers?

Just thank you so much for reading, and I really hope you enjoy Banshee Charmer!
Places to Find Tiffany Allee
Tiffany's Website
Tiffany on G+
Tiffany On Twitter
Tiffany on Facebook
Tiffany on Goodreads
Places to find Banshee Charmer
Goodreads
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
 

Happy Reading !!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. :) HAPPY READING !!!!